All chapter members are invited to the Software Engineering Institute’s upcoming FREE virtual event, CERT® Operational Resilience: MANAGE, PROTECT, AND SUSTAIN www.sei.cmu.edu/goto/cert-operational-resilience
Attendees will learn about recent cyber security research and development in:
- How to assess and improve operational resilience in an enterprise
- The maturity of organizations from a resilience perspective . . . Can your organization deal with disruptive events, and how can you be sure?
- Innovative ways that resilience models were developed in collaboration with private industry and have been used to solve government-sector challenges
- How a model can be used to assess and drive real improvement across groups of organizations
- The progress of U.S. national efforts to improve critical infrastructure resilience and what it means for your organization
CERT® Operational Resilience: MANAGE, PROTECT, AND SUSTAIN
Date: January 23, 2014 Time: 8:30 am ET – 5:00 pm ET Cost: Complimentary
About the Virtual Event
How can leaders have more confidence in the ability of their organizations to withstand disruptive events? This CERT webcast will showcase the application of resilience models to operationalize risk management and solve hard problems in enterprise security. The CERT Cyber Resilience Center will highlight the use of models to benchmark and compare peer organizations across government and critical infrastructure. This will include tools such as the DHS-sponsored Cyber Resilience Review and the Department of Energy Electricity Subsector Cybersecurity Capability Maturity Model (ES-C2M2).
We will discuss different approaches to operational resilience, organizational maturity, and how to be a shrewd consumer of cyber security models. The event will include a panel discussion where leaders in government and industry – from the Department of Homeland Security, the United States Postal Inspection Service, and the defense industry – will discuss their experiences. Finally, the webcast will close with a discussion of recent federal efforts to improve critical infrastructure security in the United States.
Who Should Attend?
CIOs, CISOs, Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Directors, Risk Managers, Crisis and Emergency Managers
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the event.